List:       php-db
Subject:    [PHP-DB] Re: MySQL: Random select with specific count of a column
From:       80.181.193.152
Date:       2004-06-30 23:30:01

I suggest to first analize the problem and then go through the query, php
coding  ...etc etc

In the table u have only one superkey which is also a key and it is made of
the three fields (attributes) 'category', 'language' and ' name'. You should
consider to look for a prymary key randomly, toghether with some restriction
in the search. Something like select the pryimary key from the table where
'category' equals a number(1, 2,3,....n) and 'name' equals some random
criterium generated number. A random criteria could be generating a random
variables between the ascii code representing the alphabet letters (from 97
to 122 to cover a,b,c,...z).
You need to do some work before u can get an executable code here.
Hope can open a road
Bye