List:       php-db
Subject:    [PHP-DB] Re: Inserting current date(MySQL)?
From:       80.6.102.128
Date:       2002-10-30 19:56:58

I'm no expert, but here's what I did in the same situation.

$enterdate = date('Ymd'); --- this gives me the current date.
then when entering the information from the form into my database I just
entered the variable into a field called evdt

When using the date I wanted it in a more user friendly state (also UK
format) I did this:
$query = ' SELECT  DATE_FORMAT(eventdate, "%D %M %Y")as evdt FROM notices';
This gives me it in the format "1st December 2002".