List:       phorum-dev
Subject:    Re: [phorum-dev] Hacking a new field into phorum?
From:       "Brian Moon" <brian () phorum ! org>
Date:       1999-08-30 15:26:50

The easiest way to do this is to put the fields in the form and then hack
them on to the end of the body before you post in post.php3.  No extra
fields in the db that way.

Just do:

$body.="{phopen}a href=\"$url\"{phclose}$title{phopen}/a{phclose}";

where url and title are the names of the text fields in the form.  the stuff
in {} gets turned into < and > by read.php3 to make a link.

Brian Moon
Phorum Dev Team - http://www.phorum.org
Making better forums with PHP