List:       phorum-dev
Subject:    Re: [phorum-dev] Phorumail 1.0.3 available
From:       jason () psp ! pair ! com (Jason Birch)
Date:       1999-08-03 5:09:44

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 00:59:46 -0400, "Dana Basken" <dana@basken.com>
spoke:

> Not loving this idea, since it would mean that each message emailed out from
> Phorum would have a thread and parent in the subject?  We should be able to
> do this a better way.  I was thinking of encoding the thread and parent into
> the message body, but that would get confusing with each person replying and
> including the encoded thread and parent numbers.  Any other ideas?

Nothing better that I can think of :-(  I do think that the user is
less likely to change the subject drastically than they are to strip
the parent/thread when replying (unless asked not to)

Logic could be implemented in phorumail to strip the encoded thread
and subject before posting.  That way, it would not be included in
subsequent replies.  Phorum adds it, phorumail nukes it.  The user
only sees one at a time.

BTW.  You guys are way faster than me on the email thing :-)

jason