List:       pgsql-hackers
Subject:    Re: [HACKERS] Get more from indices.
From:       Tom Lane <tgl () sss ! pgh ! pa ! us>
Date:       2013-12-31 21:01:34

"Etsuro Fujita" <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> [ pathkey_and_uniqueindx_v7_20131203.patch ]

I started to look at this patch.  I don't understand the reason for the
foreach loop in index_pathkeys_are_extensible (and the complete lack of
comments in the patch isn't helping).  Isn't it sufficient to check that
the index is unique/immediate/allnotnull and its ordering is a prefix
of query_pathkeys?  If not, what's the rationale for the specific tests
being made on the pathkeys --- this code doesn't make much sense to me.

			regards, tom lane