List:       pgsql-hackers
Subject:    [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 8.4 beta 2 restore error
From:       "Brian Klish" <bklish () twcny ! rr ! com>
Date:       2009-05-31 19:49:39

I just downloaded PostgreSQL 8.4 beta 2 and tried to restore my old database from \
version 8.3.  I created a new database with the same name as my old one.  Then when I \
tried to restore the old database I got the error posted below.  I'm running Windows \
7 RC.  I realize that probably isn't supported yet, but I thought I'd write anyhow.  \
Everything else seems to be working fine other than one error I got during install.  \
It said the secondary logon service wasn't started.  In Windows 7 that isn't on by \
default.  Starting the service allowed installation to continue.  Will I have to set \
that to automatic in order to have Postgre work after if I reboot?  Is the error I \
got during restore something I need to be worried about?  Thanks so much.

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4-beta2\bin\pg_restore.exe --host localhost --port 5432 \
--username postgres --dbname "HoldemManager" --verbose "E:\back up\Poker\Holdem \
                Manager backup\Holdem Manager database.backup"
pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
pg_restore: creating SCHEMA public
pg_restore: creating COMMENT SCHEMA public
pg_restore: creating PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 422; 2612 16386 PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE \
                plpgsql postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  language "plpgsql" \
already exists  Command was:
CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;