List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    [pgp-keyserver-folk] Upgrade problem
From:       Tony Lembke <tlembke () medicineau ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-09-05 2:30:42

I am upgrading my pks server from 0.9.5 - 0.9.6 due to some stability
problems.
I am using only a small number of keys (not synched anywhere)
I have configured with the ./configure --enable-old-database option,
installed into a different directory (/usr/local/pksNew)
I have killed the previous pksd process and started from the new pksd.
I note that the command for starting pks is now
/usr/local/pksNew/sbin/pksd /usr/local/pksNew/etc/pksd.conf & sleep 5;
/usr/local/pksNew/bin/pks-queue-run.sh /usr/local/pksNew/etc/pksd.conf
rather than
......./bin/pksd /usr/local/pksNew/etc/pksd.conf........
as in the README.
The processes show
92797  p1  I      0:00.04 /usr/local/pksNew/sbin/pksd
/usr/local/pksNew/etc/pks
92804  p1  S+     0:00.23 /bin/sh
/usr/local/pksNew/bin/pks-queue-run.sh /usr/l
96093  p1  S+     0:00.00 sleep 3
as running (?)

However, while some of the keys from the old table are found with a
search on the web page, some are missing.
In addition to just moving the old db directory to the new one, and
changing the pksd.conf file appropriately, I have done a 'pksclient  db
since' command and 'pksclient  db add'  to the new database, and added
some keys manually using gpg --send-key (reported as successful).
Still, these new keys and some of the old keys return no matches on a
search.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Tony Lembke