List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    Re: server & network resources used by SKS?
From:       "Yaron M. Minsky" <yminsky () cs ! cornell ! edu>
Date:       2003-07-24 2:02:52

SKS resource usage is pretty moderate.  CPU usage is quite low (not in
the top 20 processes on my desktop machine which is also an SKS
server.)  The bandwidth requirements are actually much less than for
running a PKS server, since you effectively receive each key only once,
rather than multiple times.  SKS has two processes, sks_db which is the
basic keyserver, and sks_recon which handles replication.  Each process
takes 15-20 megs of ram as normally configured, though you can reduce
the size of the processes at the expense of slower operation.

--
|--------/            Yaron M. Minsky              \--------|
|--------\ http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/yminsky/ /--------|

Open PGP --- KeyID B1FFD916 (new key as of Dec 4th)
Fingerprint: 5BF6 83E1 0CE3 1043 95D8 F8D5 9F12 B3A9 B1FF D916