List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    [Pgp-keyserver-folk] Machine-readable indexes
From:       David Shaw <dshaw () jabberwocky ! com>
Date:       2002-10-08 15:48:52

I just committed the machine-readable index code for pksd.  This
allows programs (rather than people) easy parsing of the results.

Caveats:

 * The "key type" field is not always accurate.  This is due to a bug
   in pksd.  I believe Jason Harris has a fix for this as part of one
   of his patches, so when the patch goes in, the problem should go
   away.

 * This doesn't mean we can go ahead and prettify the current "index"
   page.  There are good-sized installed base of programs that still
   parse it directly.  The programs need to be upgraded to use the
   machine-readable format first.  GnuPG 1.3 will be able to handle
   this format soon.

David