List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    [Pgp-keyserver-folk] tight loop in pks-queue-run.sh
From:       Christoph Martin <martin () uni-mainz ! de>
Date:       2002-10-05 9:05:02

Hi folks,

Please include a delay in the loop in pks-queue-run.sh to make it less
tight. If you don't do this, you can easily have hundreds of pksdctl
processes which want to access pksd at the same time. This makes the
whole system really slow. And it takes a long time to work all the
outstanding processes.=20

*** pks-0.9.4+cvs/pks/pks-queue-run.sh  Wed Sep  4 22:48:53 2002
--- pks2/bin/pks-queue-run.sh   Sat Oct  5 10:56:26 2002
***************
*** 27,31 ****
--- 27,32 ----
  for file in $dir/pks-mail.*; do
        if [ -r "$file" ]; then
                $bindir/pksdctl $socket "mail $file"
+               sleep 20
        fi
  done

We have a similar problem, when a log of sync mails arrive at the same
time all resulting in an execution of pks-mail.sh. My workaround at the
moment is to restrict sendmail to only accept one mail per second.

Any idea to solve this properly?

Christoph