List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    [Pgp-keyserver-folk] Duplicate key packets
From:       Hironobu SUZUKI <hironobu () h2np ! net>
Date:       2002-09-29 8:58:41

I found very funny public keys in keyserver when I did big keyring
merge test on my keyserver..

   Short KeyID is 0x77681A22
   Long  KeyID is 0x434DB16777681A22

This keys packets is very interest because there are duplicated
packets in inside.  UserID packets and Signature pakets are
duplicated.

This type key can get from pki.surfnet.nl and pgp.nic.ad.jp.

--- maybe correct
   public key
   [ (userid A) (sign for A) ]
   [ (userid B) (sign for B) ]
   [ (public sub key C) (sign for C)]
---

This type key can get from pgp.mit.edu and www.rediris.es.

--- duplicated
   public key
   [ (userid A) (sign for A) ]
   [ (userid B) (sign for B) ]
   [ (userid B) (sign for B) ]
   [ (userid A) (sign for A) ]
   [ (public sub key C) (sign for C)]
---

My question is "WHO DID IT?"

User? Keyserver? Any idea?

BTW.

I prepare command find_updatedkey.sh, "find update key" for OpenPKSD
package.  Mr. Francisco Jesus Monserrat Coll gave me this
idea. RedIRIS already has their own "find update key between huge two
keyrings"

I used rediris's 1.8GB keyring file which was created at 2002/Jan and
nic's 2.0GB keyring file which was created at 2002/Sep/14.

% sh find_updatedkey.sh rediris-full-key.pkr pgpnicadjp-full-key.pkr
% ls -l newpubring.gpg
-rw-r--r--    1 hironobu hironobu 237671551 Sep 16 11:24 newpubring.gpg

newpubring.gpg has about 170,000 keys. First of all, openpksd was
inited by rediris-full-key.pkr, and after this, newpubring.gpg was
added.

% ruby /openpksd/tools/add_key.rb < newpubring.gpg

I checked log, debug message and so on...

First of all, I thought my keyserver's key merging algorithm has some
bugs ;-) So, I found a funny key in rediris and mit.

--
Hironobu SUZUKI
E-Mail: hironobu@h2np.net