List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    [Pgp-keyserver-folk] Mail synchronization
From:       "Yaron M. Minsky" <yminsky () cs ! cornell ! edu>
Date:       2002-09-27 14:37:04

I've got a question about synchronizing with the rest of the PGP keyserver
world.  Right now, SKS lives in a world of its own, only accepting keys
directly submitted to an SKS server.  I'd like to hook into the general
PGP synchronization system.  Looking at the CKS code, it looks to me like
all I need to do for basic synchronization is to take mail messages I
receive and add the keys contained in their body into the keyserver.  Is
there anything else that's needed, or is that really it?  I know the
mail-sync protocol is a bit more complicated than that (for instance, it
keeps track of who has seen a message in order to avoid loops).  But as
far as I can tell I don't need to think about that if I don't want to
forward keys on.
If that's all it takes, it seems like one could write a simple script to
convert incoming email into the appropriate http-request, and that would
do it.

|--------/            Yaron M. Minsky              \--------|
|--------\ http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/yminsky/ /--------|

Open PGP --- KeyID B1FFD916 (new key as of Dec 4th)
Fingerprint: 5BF6 83E1 0CE3 1043 95D8 F8D5 9F12 B3A9 B1FF D916