List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    [Pgp-keyserver-folk] Re: Send Keys Problem
From:       "Brian M. Carlson" <karlsson () hal-pc ! org>
Date:       2002-07-15 13:56:33

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 04:12:54PM +1000, Tony Lembke wrote:
> I have set up an openkeyserver on a Free-BSD system and the web based
> system  work wells.
>
> When using a remote client (on MaxOSX) and gnupg (1.0.69) the Receive Key
> functions work well but the Send Key functions produce an eof error.

This is a problem with the OpenKeyServer. It never has functioned
correctly with GnuPG. Every other keyserver that I have connected to has
worked correctly (with the exception of a few minor problems with cksd,
which were promptly fixed).

> I would appreciate any advice from the list. ( I can send keys to other
> keyservers)

If you can get a dump from tcpdump or ethereal and see what the
difference is between, say, a pksd server and an OpenKeyServer, then you
can tell what is wrong. Telling the provider of the software
(Highware?) that it doesn't work with most of the free Unices out there
(which ship with gnupg) and telling them what's wrong would probably get
them to fix it rather quickly.

--
Brian M. Carlson <karlsson@hal-pc.org> <http://decoy.wox.org/~bmc> 0x560553E7
Avoid Quiet and Placid persons unless you are in Need of Sleep.