List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    Re: CryptNET Keyserver
From:       "teun, Tilburg University" <Teun.Nijssen () kub ! nl>
Date:       2001-04-12 9:51:13

Hi Alex,

/Let me know if there's features you want/need for 1.0 that aren't
/listed as available.

Wow, a wish list request :-)

I have no desire to influence your priorities, so my remarks are not about
release 1.0 as such. But I have a few suggestions:

- mechanism to delete/refuse keys from a server in case the keys have not been
  (re)signed by anyone for more than n months (let's say n=36)

- scalable storage up to 100 GB per server

- Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris support

- zoning of servers, so not all servers need to hold all keys; redirection
  of user calls (and syncs) to the servers that hold the correct zone
  e.g. *.com, *.edu, *.net, "rest"

- propagation/synchronisation of authenticated key-delete requests; maintaining
  list of deleted KeyIds that cannot be re-introduced by sync.

- Concerning your "Binary socket based synchronization protocol":
  error correcting synchronisation with guaranteed delivery of keys,
  also when a server happens to be down for say two  months. In my opinion
  a server should have a list of pending KeyIds per synched server

- redirection of requests to operational servers in case hardware is
  operational, but a server-process/database is down.

- storage of X.509 certificates next to PGP keys; retrieving PGP-X.509
  certificates in PEM and PGP format.

cheers,

teun