List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    Re: keyserver software location.?
From:       "teun, Tilburg University" <Teun.Nijssen () kub ! nl>
Date:       1998-07-06 10:37:53

Robert,

/>> I'm interested in running the pgp keyserver software and would like to
/>> know what the system requirements are to run the DH/DSS capable
/>> software (pks-093db2test?)
/
/You don't need a lot of cycles (a p166 or better should be fine), but
/you do need a lot of disk space.  You probably want 2gb or so to hold
/a database, backup database, and keyring.

Having ordered a 9 Gb disk recently, I would suggest a bigger one.

0.9.3 beta is easier on disk space than 0.9.2 used to be. On 0.9.2 I was
outgrowing a 2 Gb disk and at the tempo new keys come in, I would expect
that 0.9.3 will also need more space within 6 months.

By the way

- when estimating du, also consider log-files. I tend to keep local2.log for
  one month and syslog for a week. This may take up to 200 Mb.
- when running a well connected server, also consider the number of mails.
  I received about 480.000 in June (from ~15 servers average)
- Brasil

cheers,

teun