List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    Re: GPG key not fully accepted by public key servers
From:       "Stefan H. Holek" <stefan () epy ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-12-16 0:10:59

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 lewis@sistina.com wrote:

> I have a public key that has two subkeys.  One is an encryption subkey with
> expiration date, and the other is a signing subkey with expiration date.

[snip]

> When I submit this public key to a keyserver such as
> http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/ I get this error:

[snip]

> The last error was on key 0xee72a386:
> Key block corrupt: more than one signature on subk

I have also seen this. The culprit seems to be the pks-type keyserver.
Currently no solution, AFAIK. You might want to use the NAI keyservers until
this is resolved.

> The interesting thing is that part of the key is accepted so people can still
> download it, but I use the second subkey for most of my signing, and that is
> truncated from the key.  Does anyone know why this would be?  I can send my

My current assessment is that the pks is stripping off "subkey binding
signatures", leaving the key in a crippled state.

I believe it only happens when adding a new key, adding a subkey to an
existing key appears to fail entirely. If people can download your key
they must furthermore be using pgp, because gpg does not import such a
key. I have also tried to use a broken key for encryption in pgp, but it
did not work.

Has somebody successfully encrypted mail to you using your
freshly downloaded key?

Regards,
Stefan