List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    Re: errors with db_recover -c
From:       Nicholas Waples <nwaples () demon ! net>
Date:       2000-02-21 17:17:32

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Radhesh Mohandas wrote:

> Nicholas,
> 	This is the same problem which I reported to the mailing list.
> Patrick believes this was introduced by patch 2.
>
> Your pksd will run fine for some time. Then one fine day it will start
> crashing on certain queries. Try db_dump on each of the database files and
> see if they are still ok.

 They all dump ok, until the db_recover fails (after the second run), then
they fail on timedb & worddb.
 Though looks like its a db-2.7.5 problem I was triggering. Should have
checked that first. I added the recovery bug patch fix for 2.7.5 and it
doesnt corrupt the database any more. It now just takes up 100% cpu and
never finishes 8). Ill try adding the other patches tomorrow to see if
that fixes that.

> Are you still able to create the complete keyring dump?

 Yep, could still dump the keyring even when timedb and wordb were
corrupted.

> The only solution that I have right now is rebuilding the database.

Nick.