List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    An invalid key
From:       Ivan Gabrijel <Ivan.Gabrijel () fri ! uni-lj ! si>
Date:       1999-01-14 18:21:47

Dear Sirs,

    I am a new PGP user and I installed the PGP application for the
first time on Saturday, 9.1.1999. I had some problems with the
installation and the generated key was sent to some servers by
mistake. I had to reinstall the PGP later and now I realized that
some servers contains two public keys for my address. During the
second installation, the first pair of keys was lost. So I can not
revoke it. I would like to please you to remove my first public key
from the servers. I know that you don't provide this service normally,
but please, consider this case. I added both keys on the same day,
maybe just a half an hour apart. I didn't distribute the information
about my public keys on the key servers to anybody in the meantime.
So I would be very happy, if you could remove this key

pub 1024/BB5A7212 1999/01/09 Ivan Gabrijel
<Ivan.Gabrijel@fri.uni-lj.si>

if exists on your server.

My valid public key is

pub 1024/5F632396 1999/01/09 Ivan Gabrijel
<Ivan.Gabrijel@fri.uni-lj.si>

and please feel free to remove both of them if convenient. I contacted
some key server administrators in the meantime already. My PGP
application has this list of PGP servers:

PGP KEY SERVERS and their STATUS on 14th of January, 1999:

http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
It contains just the valid key.

ldap://certserver.pgp.com
It contains just the valid key.

http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371
It contains both keys (the invalid and the valid one).

http://wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net:11371
The invalid key was removed already.
Thanks again, Marcel!

http://wwwkeys.cz.pgp.net:11371
It contains both keys (the invalid and the valid one).
The invalid key will be removed soon.
Thanks in advance, Josef!

http://wwwkeys.dk.pgp.net:11371
Failed to connect to server.

http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net:11371
It contains both keys (the invalid and the valid one).

http://wwwkeys.es.pgp.net:11371
The PGP application doesn't find my keys on this server, but when
I tried to send my valid key there, I got reply about containing it
already. So it may be the invalid key there too.

http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371
The invalid key was removed already.
Thanks again, Teun!

http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net:11371
Failed to connect to server.

The invalid key might propagate to your server in the meantime. In
order to suppress this propagation, I am asking you if you can check
your server soon and remove the invalid key if exists. Thank you very
much in advance.

I created the revocation certificate for my new public key in the
meantime and placed it to a floppy disk, so this won't happen again.

I also signed this message with my valid key to prove the identity.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

                Ivan Gabrijel

Ivan Gabrijel
University of Ljubljana  - Faculty of Computer and Information Science
Laboratory of Adaptive Systems and Parallel Processing
Trzaska c. 25, SI-1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia
WWW: http://cherry.fri.uni-lj.si/~gabriel      phone: +386 61 1768 370
E-mail: Ivan.Gabrijel@fri.uni-lj.si            fax:   +386 61 1768 369