List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    Re: duplicate keys
From:       "M. Drew Streib" <dtype () dtype ! org>
Date:       2001-07-06 3:59:01

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 11:54:31PM -0400, Michael Young wrote:
> The two "user" packets are encoded with different header bytes:
>     the first instance uses a two-byte length (b5 00 22);
>     the second instance uses a one-byte length (b4 22).
>
> I haven't looked through the pksd source, but I'd guess that it's
> comparing the whole packet (including header) for equality.
> I expect it would have the same problem with new-style versus
> old-style encoding of the same material.  (I suppose I could
> try it out against your server, but that would be rude ;-).

Thanks. That seems to be it, and the first time I've heard that
explained fully.

I guess I'm looking for two things then. First, a fix for pksd that
fixes these common differences. Second, some utility that could
coalesce these in an existing pksd database.

I would have time to work on this eventually, but probably not for
at least a month or so. Anyone else interested in tackling this?

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/
FSG <dtype@freestandards.org>    | Linux International <dtype@li.org>