List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    Re: new server at dtype.org
From:       "M. Drew Streib" <dtype () dtype ! org>
Date:       2001-06-09 16:41:56

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 06:07:27PM +0200, teun Tilburg University wrote:
> exactly which software version do you use and which patches?....

Using 0.9.4 + patch2 + the x509 patch.

> So indeed sync bounces is my sore spot, certainly as Randy and me are working
> out the NAI LDAP sync. The last integral NAI keyserver dump that was synced
> into the worldwide server network dates back to mid-March. I'm afraid we are
> behind more than 150 Meys (sorry, slip of the finger, that should be 150 kkeys
> So, do you baby-sit your server enough and do you want a sync and/or a current
> 1.7 GB binary keyring?

I babysit my server constantly. I don't know the most efficient way for
an initial sync. Should I ftp and import your keys first, or is the
sync protocol good enough where a sync should take care of it with
the approximate same cpu/bandwidth?

Either way, my server email is pgp-public-keys@pgp.dtype.org. If you
can add me to sync, that would be great. If it is more efficient to make
an export first, I'd appreciate an ftp site where i could grab this
1.7GB file first. :)

Thanks again.

On a side note, does any one person have a generally good idea of the
server 'map' and who syncs to who?

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org> | freedb <dtype@freedb.org>