List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    Re2: OpenKeyServer available for FREE download
From:       dev () highware ! com
Date:       1999-04-20 23:02:36

Sorry, the previous message was incomplete...

At 13:10 +0200 20/04/99, W.Sylwestrzak@icm.edu.pl wrote:
> anyone brave enough to use the binaries: be warned that it comes
> with a license that has limit on a size of the keyring.
> it's not documented in the README/LICENSE files, but I've run
> into this :-(

Perhaps our documentation is not clear enough. This is version 1.0 and it
will improve.

Yes, the evaluation version has a limit of 100.000 keys but "anyone" can
obtain the unlimited version for free. We only ask to fill the form at
http://www.highware.com/openkeyserver/register.html
By filling this short questionnaire, we will be able to update you on new
releases and bug fixes.
Also since we want to have a reliable network, it is important that the OKS
setup are done properly everywhere. This is a new software and even if we
test it here, it will require maintenance, specially at the beginning.
Please understand that this is not to "control" everything but more in a
spirit of a good collaboration and communication between system
administrators.

Regards,

Olivier