List:       pgina-general
Subject:    Re: [pGina-general] pGina on Vista -- latest?
From:       Nathan Yocom <nate () pgina ! org>
Date:       2007-11-03 7:38:01

 > I am using KfW, in fact, that's doing the hard work.  While coding the
> plugin, I wrote enough to be able to call krb5_get_init_creds_password().
> This function returns true or false on if the username/password combo is
> good with the Kerberos database.  Right now, authorization is based only
> on that authentication.  KfW takes care of actually getting the K5 ticket.
> Perhaps that's considered bad form, but it works.

Understandable.. I wasn't sure if KfW integrated with the GINA/CredProv
already or not was all.

> I did experiment with Windows's builtin kerberos a few weeks back.
> It should be noted that we don't have a windows domain. <snip>

Ah, I see.  Yah - this is way easier to work in the opposite direction
in my experience ;) (disclaimer: my day job is just that ->
http://www.centrify.com)

> No, I grabbed the code via CVS from sourceforge.  I now see that the
> CVS and SVN repositories are different!  Thanks for pointing that
> out.  I'll go grab those now.

Yah, I think the SVN has quite a few improvements - and is where the
eventual release will be made from.  Look for news/info on pgina-devel
for that.