List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    Re: [pfSense] [Fwd: Re: [Pfsense-pt] RES: Fair Over para Acesso remoto]
From:       Jim Pingle <lists () pingle ! org>
Date:       2012-01-13 16:32:00

On 1/13/2012 10:58 AM, Luiz Gustavo wrote:
> In summary in message below, we discussed the possibility of dyndns
> reply ip to the gateway active (default gateway) and not be associated
> with an interface.

Sounds great!

> Will appear in the list of interfaces an option: "Active WAN interface",
> use it to get the WAN ip of the currently active (the default gateway
> pfSense).
>
> Any problem report here on the list.

I haven't tried this yet, but does it only work if you have default
gateway switching on?

It would be even nicer to hook into Gateway Groups and the tiers they
have so someone could fail over in any direction they want, but this is
a start.

If that is the case you might want to word it a little more
specifically, perhaps "Active default gateway WAN interface" or put a
note below about requiring the gateway switching setting to be on.

Jim