List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    [pfSense] =?utf-8?q?Layer_3_OpenVPN_=28tun=29_server=3A_several_s?=
From:       Ray <ray () renegade ! zapto ! org>
Date:       2011-11-25 11:41:06

Hi,

I have set up an OpenVPN server in a network 192.168.1.0/24 and a
client in a network 192.168.10.0/24. Both are connected through a
"tunnel network" whose interfaces (tun0 at both ends) have the
POINTOPOINT interface flag set. I've set up both tun0's as dhcp and they
get 10.0.8.1/24 at the server end and 10.0.8.2/24 at the client end of
the tunnel. I've set up some NAT rules and static routes at both ends to
be able to access machines in both subnets from each other. Works just
fine.

I have a couple more sites that I want to connect to the same (OpenVPN)
server. Here are my questions:

  a) Is that possible at all? After all 10.0.8.0 is a /24.
  b) Will the POINTOPOINT property prohibit a)?
  c) In cace a) is not possible because of b), will I have to set up
another OpenVPN server that listens on UDP 1195, for instance, and set
up another tunnel network to connect the next site?

I would really appreciate some pointers before running off in the wrong
direction.

Cheers,
Raimund