List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    [pfSense Support] TCP reset vs block connection on the fly
From:       Danny <metalito () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-08-31 7:33:53

Hi,

I would like to know if is it possible to block a download while is
happening, in pfSense 2.0 RC3.

Iīve been testing, applying a rule over a connection that has a download in
progress but it seems, once the TCP session is established, I cannot block
it.

The only way I found is to go to the TCP States table, find the connection
and reset it. (but I donīt know if is the same effect, because i supposed no
flag is sent reseting the tcp state)

The purpose, is simulate a cut in the flow received by a flash flayer while
playing a video while is downloading, which has to send to another location
an event that the flow stopped it

Thank You,
Best Regards

--