List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    Re: [pfSense Support] Hardware for WAN interface - Frame Relay
From:       Alberto Mijares <amijaresp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-23 2:17:10

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Ermal Luçi <ermal.luci@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Alberto Mijares <amijaresp@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I need a router with a V.35 interface for my frame relay link. I found
>> that ctau(4) driver in FreeBSD 8.x may handle this PCI card[1], so my
>> question is:   does pfSense 2.x support this card and may be used as
>> WAN interface? I think so, since pfSense 2.x is based on FreeBSD 8.1
>> and keeps all driver, isn't it?
>
> You can try grab the module from a standard freebsd iso and load it in pfSense.
> You will have to grab even sconfig utitlity for this and is not
> supported from the GUI.
>
> Than you can go and do some test on the PPP page for it.

What you say is I must configure the channel parameters from the CLI
(with sconfig) and then configure the WAN interface (cp0 in this case)
as a PPP link from the GUI. Is that correct?

In this case I must manually edit rc.conf for the channel settings at
startup, rigth?

I need to know if it is going to work because we don't have much money
for spending in tests. Has anyone done this before? Should I take
another box with FreeBSD 8.X or Linux as a router? A low cost router
with V.35 interface perhaps? Any suggestion?

Thanks for your help.

Alberto Mijares