List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    Re: [pfSense Support] Wan interface Error
From:       "Remko Lodder" <remko () elvandar ! org>
Date:       2009-12-23 9:31:54

On Wed, December 23, 2009 9:53 am, Koray AGAYA wrote:
> This error Category is "ERRORS IN" not  Collisions or Errors Outpuýt What
> Does it mean "ERRORS IN"  I checked Switch Does not have a problem How to
> resolve this problem
>
> Which log can I look ? Not enough for me I dont know Why occur this error
> Please help me This error continuous increase. Now plus  104 and then
> about
> two hours

Dear Agaya,

In and outgoing mostly mean that there is a duplex mismatch of somesort
between your machine and the switch to which you are connected to. It
could mean that your machine is performing on half duplex and that more
packets then possible are being sent.

It might not be entirely visible on the machine itself, but on the
connected switch you should be able to see the same information.

On a cisco that would mean: sh interface fa0/1 (for example) where you
will find various counters.

Since there are only a few packets being error'ed, it could mean that it
doesn't heavily interfere with it. When the rate increases more and more
something is evily wrong. Please check cabling as well.

Cheers,
Remko
--
/"\   Best regards,                      | remko@FreeBSD.org