List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    [pfSense Support] minor issue with latest upgrade, mostly success.
From:       Vivek Khera <vivek () khera ! org>
Date:       2008-01-31 20:13:32

I upgraded from RC3 to RC4 last night using the snapshots.  Embedded
platform on a WRAP.

I copied the tar file to /tmp then ran option 13 on the console.

After it asked me which kernel to install, it had a failure writing
some .txt to /boot/kernel directory with a complaint of read only file
system.

Then it proceeded to do its work, but within about a few seconds, it
reported something about some processes being killed, and returned to
the menu.  From the shell, I could still see the firmware upgrade
running, so I left it. After a few minutes, it rebooted and I was up
and running 99.44% correct.

I had my usual /etc/ttys file being the wrong one.  I just copied over
my copy of ttys_wrap and did a kill -1 1 and considered it a success.

It seems just fine to me.  This is just on my home LAN, so all I have
is a basic NAT for outbound access.