List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    Re: [pfSense Support] AA$T PPPOE OUT? What's the world comming to?
From:       Chris Buechler <cmb () pfsense ! org>
Date:       2007-12-28 18:53:08

This is unbelievably frustrating. Bellsouth/AT&T's tech support (at
least first level, I've had no luck getting further than that) are
completely worthless, if the PPPoE on the modem works they can't help
any further (even though they clearly broke *something*, our and
m0n0wall's PPPoE works for every single other ISP on earth and worked
from day one that Bellsouth brought up PPPoE service...up until last
week). There are still apparently some sites that work fine.

I'll be checking into it at some point this weekend. Hopefully my DSL at
home is one of the affected ones (I do PPPoE on the modem for my home
connection and it passes through the static public IP so I'm not sure,
most of the Netopia modems out there won't do that without doing NAT,
mine's a Westell IIRC).