List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    [pfSense Support]  TFTP (SIP) through NAT
From:       RioGD <riogd () rio ! com>
Date:       2006-08-30 20:14:18

I recently ran into a problem with pfSense when we replaced a Netgear FVS318.
The problem sprang from the fact that we had been using SIP phones from behind
the NAT with a TFTP server on the WAN side. It turns out the Netgear had some
kind of workaround hack (userland proxy most likely) that allowed this to
happen, which pfSense did not. After some research (
http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=pfsense-support&m=112278827709424&w=2 among
other things ) I both lost and gained hope. I found, with some help from summat,
geekgod's freebsd port of tftp-proxy. I have however had some difficulty setting
it up. Has anyone here done so ? Even if you can let me know what the exact pf
entries need to be to make this work (I was experimenting by adding various
variations of what was in the man page into the rules.debug and reloading them
but never any luck). A simple "These need to be added to the pf rules, and this
needs to be added to this other file, and inetd needs to be started doing this
and that" would suffice. Actually anything would help as I can't get it working
at the moment.

Thanks and I must say... we love pfSense !

Cheers,

RioGD