List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    Re: [pfSense Support] CARP Load balance
From:       "Bill Marquette" <bill.marquette () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-25 22:08:13

On 8/25/06, Robert Mortimer <rmortimer@bluechiptechnology.co.uk> wrote:
> > You'll want to reboot after making that change.  This naturally isn't
> > supported, but if you understand how carp balancing works, it's still
> > configurable.
>
> This is the case outlined in the Docs

Yeah, see, the problem is that most people would (and do) configure it
w/out understanding what it does and then complain that they randomly
have packet or connection loss.  Most people would and have tried to
use it to load balance FIREWALLS, not network connections.  If you
have any suggestions on how to reenable this w/out also making the
support of it's incorrect usage a nightmare, we're all ears (hint:
putting a description next to the checkbox won't cut it ;))

--Bill