List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    Re: [pfSense Support] Anyone been able to install OpenBGP on beta 4?
From:       bablam <bablam () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-23 20:42:38

Question,
     As it turns out I need to update my openbgp, not knowing allot
about the pkg utility how do I update this package?  Do I need to
remove and re-add it? The pkg utilities I see are;

/usr/sbin/pkg_add       /usr/sbin/pkg_create    /usr/sbin/pkg_info
 /usr/sbin/pkg_version
/usr/sbin/pkg_check     /usr/sbin/pkg_delete    /usr/sbin/pkg_sign

     Thanks.

On 6/8/06, Scott Ullrich <sullrich@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a classic case of overthinking the problem :)
>
> # pkg_add -r openbgpd
> Fetching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6.1-release/Latest/openbgpd.tbz...
> Done.
> # rehash
> # bgpd
> bgpd: /usr/local/etc/bgpd.conf: No such file or directory
>
> Scott
>

> On 6/8/06, bablam <bablam@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good morning,
> >       I am attempting to install openbgpd-3.9.tgz on beta 4 and so far
> > am not having allot of luck. I was attempting the traditional method
> > of ;
> > configure
> > make
> > make install
> >
> >     Well since make and configure don't seem to be present on the
> > install I tried using pkg_add. It doesn't look like the pkg_add
> > command will work with anything but a .pkg file.  I can't find a
> > package file for openbgp.  Anyone try installing any tar.gz on the
> > pfsense platform? Any feedback would be fantastic.  Thanks all.
> > Greetings from not so sunny Western Wa.
> >
> >      Wade B
> >
> > --

Wade B
"Integrity is more important than perception management"
"There are two kinds of pain, the pain of change and the pain of never changing"