List:       pfsense-support
Subject:    Re: Re[2]: [pfSense Support] Benchamrking and import Rules?
From:       Bill Marquette <bill.marquette () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-10 1:55:15

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:40:58 -0800, Scott Nasuta <tcslv@cox.net> wrote:
> Wow, wish I had on hand one of those "Smartbits" units. I guess QCheck
> will have to do but I am well aware it is no where near real world.
>
> I take it you have your own custom built Firewall using OpenBSD/PF?
> Did you evaluate PFSense/m0n0 at the time which you concluded to just
> go with you own built from scratch with OpenBSD?

It was over a year ago, pfsense didn't exist :)  As for why I didn't
use m0n0...it was easier to migrate from Solaris/IPFilter to
OpenBSD/PF than to a completely different technology.  We've spent
years developing our scripts, not an easy transition (nor does m0n0
meet most of our requirements - pfsense doesn't right now either)

--Bill