List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    [pfSense] pfsense multi-wan load balancing with internal squid server
From:       Raphaƫl_RIGNIER <r.rignier () leschartreux ! net>
Date:       2017-02-15 19:38:37

Hello list.

I've read many things about multi-wan load balancing and squid problem
on the same box. This is not working.

We have in our DMZ a dedicataed squid proxy server for all intenet acces
from inside.

Most domain's windows user's hosts are configured with gpo, or wpad to
use this proxy for Internet.

If I set firwall rule from this proxy server to the pfsense gateway
group, this doesn't seems to work. Only default gateway is used.
With directly connected hosts to internet via pfsense with same rules,
the load blance is working.

Conclusion is that squid breaks something wich prevent gateway group
rules to work. Even if not  in same box.
Could you confirm this ?

Thank you