List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    Re: [pfSense] PFSense and Kibana
From:       Jon Gerdes <gerdesj () blueloop ! net>
Date:       2016-06-27 1:29:15

On Sat, 2016-06-18 at 11:07 +0200, Daniel Eschner wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i run Suricata on a pfSense. I Try to build some Dashboards. For the
> First everthing seems running but it seems i have Problems with
> domains like linux-nerd.de <http://linux-nerd.de/>
> In the Dashboard its shown as linux
> All Domains or attacks or wha ever with - in the Word get broken.
> In Geo i have the same Problem. United-States are United and States
> ;)
>
> Is it a Kibana bug or is it more a Dashboard think?
> Anyone have have the same issues with the actual
> Kibana/Logstash/Filebeat?
> As you can see in the Pictures its normaly autodiscover.marmor-
> otto.de <http://autodiscover.marmor-otto.de/> and not 2 different
> Domains ;) Same with Useragents an so on.

Daniel

This question is not really appropriate here.  The Elastic forums are
where you discuss problems with Kibana (and Elasticsearch, Beats,
Logstash etc)

I would love to help you here but you don't really give any useful
 detail and this is the wrong place.

The ELK stack is a massive piece of work and I have personally spent
weeks if not months getting to grips with it.  I suggest you do the
same if you want to use it in any meangingfull way.  That means reading
all the documentation that Elastic supply - and there is lots of it and
pretty well written.  Then you will want to do a *lot* of experiments
until you get it to work the way you want it to.

Cheers
Jon