List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    Re: [pfSense] 2.3-REL, HA, WAN CARP IPv6 MAC seen as active on both NICs
From:       Olivier Mascia <om () integral ! be>
Date:       2016-05-13 15:13:01

> Le 3 mai 2016 à 11:17, Olivier Mascia <om@integral.be> a écrit :
>
> > Le 3 mai 2016 à 09:49, Chris Buechler <cmb@pfsense.com> a écrit :
> >
> > > Or would it be that my BACKUP (according to /status_carp.php) do also advertise \
> > > (which it shouldn't as BACKUP)?
> >
> > That's the problem. I'm seeing that in some cases and not others with
> > IPv6 CARP in 2.3, with no apparent reason as to why. It seems like it
> > continues to work fine in that circumstance for me, but that could
> > definitely affect switch CAM tables and cause issues like packet loss
> > in some environments. I need to look at it closer tomorrow.
>
> It's a relief to read your comment. :)

Chris,

I upgraded the backup from 2.3-REL to 2.3.1-DEVELOPMENT (amd64), built on Thu May 12 \
23:47:16 CDT 2016. It started working as expected as soon as that one booted after \
the upgrade.

On this backup node, capturing the ff02::12 I'm now *ONLY* seeing those from the \
master.

And I do not suffer anymore (well I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but it is stable \
for >1 hour now) of the weird effect of some packets choosing to go to the backup \
instead of the master.

Has something been changed/fixed in the current snapshots which would explain this or \
I'm just running by chance, I do not know.  I'll try to understand by reviewing \
redmine for bug fixes and changes.

--
Meilleures salutations, Met vriendelijke groeten, Best Regards,
Olivier Mascia, integral.be/om