List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    Re: [pfSense] 2.1.5 to 2.2.2 snafu
From:       "J. Echter" <j.echter () echter-kuechen-elektro ! de>
Date:       2015-06-25 18:49:41

Am 25.06.2015 um 20:40 schrieb Ryan Coleman:
> Yes. I have noticed NONE of my 2.1.5 to 2.2.2 updates rebooted. 2.2.2-2.2.3, \
> however, did.
> Reboot the devices and it will come up. Might take a bit but it will come up.
>

> > On Jun 25, 2015, at 1:23 PM, Paul Galati <paulgalati@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yesterday after downloading an ISO of 2.1.5 and downloading an XML backup of my \
> > configuration, I decided to do the upgrade to 2.2.2 not realizing 2.2.3 was being \
> > released today.  I would have waited, but anyway...
> > The install did not complete and the server did not reboot. but the dashboard is \
> > now skinned like 2.2.2.  Several of the logging info is not functioning properly \
> > and IPSec stopped.  I also am being notified of an error just like this forum \
> > post:
> > <https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=95361.0>
> >
> > The machine is functioning, just in an incomplete state.  My question is, if I do \
> > restart pfsense, what are the chances that it will complete the reboot to allow \
> > gui access to attempt the upgrade again?  Unfortunately I failed to uninstall the \
> > only package that is installed, which is the cert exporter.  I plan to uninstall \
> > it before I reboot.  Would it be better to start over with 2.2.3 and restore the \
> > xml file?  Would 64-bit be better if the computer is 64-bit capable?
> > Thanks for any advice you can provide.
> >
> > Paul
i had this serial console bug. i have com ports enabled in bios, but
didn't use them.

i disabled and pfsense booted instantly.

maybe this is the bug you hit.

my server did try to reboot but took ages, as of this bug.

https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Upgrade_Guide#pfSense_2.2_Upgrade_Notes

no solution, just a meaning ;)