List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    Re: [pfSense] newbie question
From:       Steve Yates <steve () teamITS ! com>
Date:       2015-03-23 14:53:00

Pol Hallen wrote on Mon, Mar 23 2015 at 5:09 am:

> adsl <-- server1 <-- WAN pfsense (2 NICs) LAN <-- internal lan
>
> (I known that pfsense should be after adsl modem)
>
> does ipsense runs correctly with this configuration?
>
> WAN to server1
> LAN1 to internal lan
>
> or I must add a third NIC and connect LAN1 to server1 and LAN2 to
> internal lan?

	Is pfSense running on server1?  Or is server1 supposed to be in a DMZ?  If pfSense \
is separate from server1, then yes you will need another NIC.  Otherwise all Internet \
traffic will go to server1 and not get to pfSense.

	Or, if server1 connects to the Internet directly, and pfSense connects to the \
Internet separately (so they are in parallel), and you have two WAN IP addresses, \
that will work.

--

Steve Yates
ITS, Inc.