List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    Re: [pfSense] HPET timer issues?
From:       Jim Pingle <lists () pingle ! org>
Date:       2014-09-23 18:24:15

On 9/23/2014 12:34 PM, Moshe Katz wrote:
> 1. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

The only HPET issue I'm aware of is on older versions of ESX where the
clock would completely stop ticking. That's been patched for a long time
now though.

> 2. I haven't noticed any performance issues after the switch, but is
> there anything that I need to be concerned about?

If you're not noticing any other side effects it's probably OK.

Check for a BIOS update or relevant BIOS setting, though it's probably
just something specific to that bit of hardware.

Jim