List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    Re: [pfSense] pfsense, IPSec, and Mac OS X
From:       Paul Mather <paul () gromit ! dlib ! vt ! edu>
Date:       2014-08-22 19:18:18

On Aug 22, 2014, at 11:38 AM, Paul Galati <paulgalati@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks for your reply.  I have looked at that page already to verify my i=
nitial settings were correct, and they are.  It is the final tweak that I a=
m trying to locate.  I just don=92t understand why simply turning NAT-T on =
or off would completely eliminate the login prompt.

In my setup (OS X 10.9 with IPSec client using XAuth PSK) I don't have =

to enter a login or password or shared secret because that's already in =

the OS X IPSec VPN configuration in Network Preferences.  The only time =

I am prompted to enter the password is after about an hour, presumably =

when the IPSec lifetime has expired on the client side.

When I connect from the Mac, all I get is a popup saying "VPN =

Connection" and buttons with "Disconnect" and "OK".

For me, enabling or disabling NAT-T is the difference between traffic =

routing out of the pfSense box or not, i.e., the VPN working or not =

working.

Cheers,

Paul.