List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    Re: [pfSense] IPv6 and OS X?
From:       Benno Rice <benno () jeamland ! net>
Date:       2014-08-16 3:23:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 14 Aug 2014, at 11:12 pm, Chris L <cjl@viptalk.net> wrote:

> On Aug 14, 2014, at 9:47 PM, Benno Rice <benno@jeamland.net> wrote:
>

> > Even though the network configuration is set up to automatically configure IPv6 \
> > (and has done in the past, when I was using a FRITZ!Box on Internode ADSL in \
> > Australia) and the pfSense system is definitely sending the router advertisements \
> > and they’re definitely reaching the OS X system:
> > Any ideas where I’d go from here?
> >

> In pfSense DHCPv6 is off on the LAN, Router Advertisements are set to unmanaged and \
> on OS X it’s set to configure IPv6 automatically?
> That’s my setup here (but with an HE tunnel and static setup of an assigned /64 on \
> LAN.)  It’s never given me any problems at all.

I can’t set the IPv6 router mode for the LAN as it’s set to track the WAN interface \
and the DHCPv6 Server/RA configuration stuff only comes up on static interfaces. I \
can see the radvd configuration on the pfSense system and as I showed in the previous \
message I can see advertisements arriving. OS X is set to configure IPv6 \
automatically.

The radvd.conf is:

# Automatically Generated, do not edit
# Generated config for dhcp6 delegation from wan on lan
interface re2 {
	AdvSendAdvert on;
	MinRtrAdvInterval 3;
	MaxRtrAdvInterval 10;
	AdvLinkMTU 1500;
	AdvOtherConfigFlag on;
		prefix 2601:8:9a80:69d::/64 {
		AdvOnLink on;
		AdvAutonomous on;
		AdvRouterAddr on;
	};
	RDNSS 2601:8:9a80:69d:20d:b9ff:fe34:c61a { };
	DNSSL jeamland.net { };
};

["signature.asc" (signature.asc)]