List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    Re: [pfSense] Strange problems with pfSense 2.1.4
From:       Tim Nelson <tnelson () rockbochs ! com>
Date:       2014-08-11 14:50:27

----- Original Message -----

> One, the problem first appeared with the Tranquilnet unit. Two, I
> forgot
> to mention that I noticed that the heat problem (it's hard to miss if
> you
> don't read the directions -- the units are almost hot enough to burn
> skin
> > ) and am using a laptop cooler for now. I'm trying out USB powered
> fans
> as a better long term solution, but the units are very cool with the
> laptop cooler.

SNIP

> Do have any other ideas?

*BLINK*

So, you're installing multiple units across 15 sites for a hotel chain... a rather \
important installation I would expect given the potential ramifications to operations \
as well as guest access... and your long term solution is to use USB powered fans?

As noted by others, given you can build/buy less expensive equipment, not wrought \
with heat/cooling problems, it might be a good idea to properly spec out and procure \
new hardware. In your shoes, I would not be moving forward with the current \
equipment.

--Tim