List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    [pfSense] How to get ng_netflow netgraph type?
From:       Raimund Sacherer <rs () logitravel ! com>
Date:       2013-07-04 12:42:58

Hello,

I want to send netflow data via ng_netflow but I don't see it when checking with \
ngctl types, it is missing in this list.

I tried to search around the net but can not find really much, the sources on \
sourceforge are from 2004, in the INSTALL of the sources it says to use the ports \
system, once I had the ports system installed, there is no ng_netflow.

So I am a bit stumped, as the man pages for freebsd basically tell me it should be \
there I do not find it.

Is it possible that it is integrated into the kernel and it's not beeing built on \
PFSense? I am a Linux guy and have very little knowledge of (Free)BSD, but if someone \
can give me some pointers on how to compile ng_netflow as a kernel module or how to \
compile it into a new kernel that would be a great help.

Also, is there a reason it's not included in the default kernel, or at least as a \
loadable module?

Thank you,
best regards
Ray