List:       pfsense-discussion
Subject:    Re: [pfSense] Not connecting the Internet
From:       Bob Gustafson <bobgus () rcn ! com>
Date:       2013-06-27 17:11:11

On Thu, 2013-06-27 at 08:44 -0500, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> On 06/26/2013 11:43 PM, suresh suresh wrote:
>
> > How to debug the firewall or where is the packets are dropping.. how
> > to check this situation am getting Internet Firewall.  Please help me.
>
> traceroute

Also, you can use Wireshark. This gives you a view of the packets as
they move in and out of your system.

If your pfsense is installed on your PC, then install Wireshark on that
machine.

If you are using an embedded version of pfsense in a separate box, then
install the pfsense optional package - packet capture. You will need
Wireshark also installed on a separate machine to view the captured
packets.

See http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Sniffers,_Packet_Capture