List:       pfsense-dev
Subject:    [pfS-Dev] Fwd:  Blacklist downloads, please add authentication mechanism.
From:       Jim Thompson <jim () netgate ! com>
Date:       2014-01-10 15:16:14

forwarded without comment, other than this:

We do have a strategy here that leverages BGP for the feed(s), rather
than downloads of massive files.
This allows us to send updates much faster, and everybody wins.

It's been prototyped once (about a year ago), and is next up on the
list for one of the developers here.

Mr. Nichols is still invited to engage, if he wishes.

Jim