List:       perl6-internals
Subject:    Re: 'languages' repository on svn.parrot.org
From:       François_Perrad <francois.perrad () gadz ! org>
Date:       2009-02-27 10:34:50

2009/2/27 Allison Randal <allison@parrot.org>:
> We have a new 'languages' subversion repository and Trac instance, available
> for languages targeting Parrot. Most of the languages that haven't already
> migrated to other repositories will be migrating to this repository. The
> repository and Trac instance are at:
>
>  https://svn.parrot.org/languages
>  https://trac.parrot.org/languages
>
> Your username and password for these are always the same as your username
> and password for Parrot's SVN and Trac, but the permissions are different
> (that is, you may have ticket management or commit access to 'languages' but
> not to 'parrot', or vice versa).
>
> Each language has it's own 'trunk' and 'branches', so the general way of
> checking out a language is:
>
>  svn co https://svn.parrot.org/languages/punie/trunk punie

Punie has moved without its history.

I think we could make better.
All languages with history from trunk (history from branches seems
useless for languages).

 $ svnadmin dump /path-to-referentiel/parrot > parrot.dump
 $ cat parrot.dump | svndumpfilter --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs
include trunk/languages > languages.dump

Now in languages.dump, all header Node-path & Copyfrom-path must be modified
   trunk/languages/lang  --> lang/trunk

 $ svnadmin create /path-to-referentiel/languages
 $ svnadmin load /path-to-referentiel/languages < languages.dump

Finally, create lang/tags & lang/branches from each language.

François.