List:       perl6-internals
Subject:    [perl #50380] [TODO]: override Test::Harness summary method to provide better-looking test result su
From:       "James Keenan via RT" <parrotbug-followup () parrotcode ! org>
Date:       2008-01-30 1:04:56

particle:

I was wondering why my reports started looking different lately!

It's interesting that what you typed below was represented one way in my
webmail and news readers ("Failed tests" indented many spaces to
vertically align with "(Wstat") and a different way on RT (everything
flush left on the margin).  I guess this is more of the roughness around
the edges.

> i want to see something more like:
>
> Test Summary Report
> -------------------
> t\spec\S02-literals\radix.rakudo    (Wstat: 256 Tests: 86 Failed: 6)
>                                     Failed tests:  47-48, 76-79
>                                     Non-zero exit status: 1

I had been meaning to initiate a discussion as to when we would begin to
incorporate TAP::Parser into our testing.  chromatic's tutorial is
nearly a year old, so I wonder whether it represents the 3.0+ release
version.  I've been wary about moving too quickly, because I see that
they're continuing to add new features even after the 3.0 release.  It
may be stable in a logical sense, but I sense that the perl-qa community
's views on how it should be evolving are anything but stable.

In any event, one particular area of concern is the code that t/harness
uses to build the .html smoke report.  It's built on Test::TAP::*, which
is build on Test::Harness::Straps -- which I know to be superseded by
TAP::Parser.  I have been meaning to find out how Test::TAP::* is
evolving ... but I dread posting on perl-qa, opening up a big discussion
and not having my original concerns addressed (... which was my last
experience on that list).

kid51