List:       perl6-internals
Subject:    [perl #50212] Configure step fails on Windows
From:       "Mark Glines via RT" <parrotbug-followup () parrotcode ! org>
Date:       2008-01-29 2:20:15

On Fri Jan 25 15:10:50 2008, ajr wrote:
> > Hi, Alan!  What kind of CPU do you have?  If you have an AMD Athlon XP
> > (or something of similar lineage), I think I know what the problem is.
> >
> I think you've nailed it: Athlon XP-M.

Hi,

I have built and sent an updated libgmp.a to the Strawberry Perl
maintainer (Adam Kennedy).  GMP lets you specify (via the --enable-fat
./configure option) that it should build for all possible processor
types, and choose the right set of functions at runtime.  But it sounds
like this didn't actually work in versions older than 4.2.2, or maybe
they just didn't build it this way last time.

You should see the updated library in the next release of Strawberry
Perl.  If that doesn't happen in a timely fashion, ask me for a copy of
the updated library, and I'll forward you what I sent Adam.

Whatever happened, GMP is now detected successfully and parrot
configures for me without incident.  (And it wasn't Parrot's fault to
begin with.)  So I am marking this ticket as resolved.