List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    Re: builtin: Is Lexical Export Idempotent?
From:       "Paul \"LeoNerd\" Evans" <leonerd () leonerd ! org ! uk>
Date:       2024-01-26 17:28:56

On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 18:30:58 +0000
"Paul \"LeoNerd\" Evans" <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> wrote:

> TL;DR: If you `use builtin ...` multiple times in a row, do they
> count? Or are they idempotent? This matters when you `no builtin ...`
> again.

Thanks all for the many replies; universally everyone thinks it should
be idempotent and shouldn't count per call. This all seems reasonable,
and fits in well with other models.

To that end then, I have implemented some extra code and added some
more tests. Review comments welcome:

  https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/21887

As a general reminder: I know not everyone will want to or be able to
review the C-level implementation parts, but if at least everyone who's
expressed an opinion on how it should behave could check that the
additional tests added here match up with their expectations of the
behaviour and comment as such on the PR, that'd be really handy.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans