List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    Re: Which versions of Windows are still supported ?
From:       "Christian Walde" <walde.christian () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-05-31 11:59:16

On Tue, 31 May 2022 04:36:30 +0200, sisyphus <sisyphus359@gmail.com> wrote:

> Specifically, as regards creating patches to bleadperl, do I need to cater for the \
> possibility that someone might be >building bleadperl on Windows XP ?
> Might it make a difference if the part of bleadperl I'm patching was dual-life ?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

There is in fact no supported version of windows, and even in fact no supported \
version of ANY OS.

The policy regarding this matter are as of yet completely undefined and there are no \
actual guarantees and no minimums and no promises.

Instead there exists only a lot of confusion and contradicting info in the perl docs \
themselves.

https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/18243

--
With regards,